- Undergraduate Education
- Bachelor of Science in Forestry, Stephen F. Austin State University, 1993
- Graduate Education
- Master of Science, Texas A&M University, 1996
- Doctor of Philosophy, Texas A&M University, 2001
- TCTWS Educator of Year (2013), Vice Chancellor’s Award in Research (2014)
- Courses Taught
- Wildlife Habitat Management (WFSC 406)
Long, Ashley M., Brian L. Pierce, Amanda D. Anderson, Kevin L. Skow, Addie Smith and Roel R. Lopez. (2019) Integrating citizen science and remotely sensed data to help inform time-sensitive policy decisions for species of conservation concern, Biological Conservation, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biocon.2019.07.025.
Khan, Jennifer M., Michael Hart, Jack Dudding, Clinton R. Robertson, Roel Lopez and Charles R. Randklev. (2019) Evaluating the upper thermal limits of glochidia for selected freshwater mussel species (Bivalvia: Unionidae) in central and east Texas, and the implications for the conservation, Aquatic Conservation, https://doi.org/10.1002/aqc.3136.
Lopez, Roel R., Nova J. Silvy, Markus J. Peterson, Daniel M. Brooks, Erick H. Baur and Fernando Gonzalez-Garcia. (2019) Curassows, Guans, and Chachalacas in Mexico, Wildlife Ecology Management in Mexico, 77-96.
Lopez, Roel R. and Nova J. Silvy. (2019) Pigeons and Doves in Mexico, Wildlife Ecology Management in Mexico, 162-186.
Chavarria, Pedro M., Nova J. Silvy, Roel R. Lopez, Donald S. Davis and Angel Montoya. (2017) Survival Demographics of Montezuma Quail in Southeast Arizona, Quail Symposium Proceedings, Vol. 8, Article 95.
Areas of Interest
- Wildlife ecology
- Habitat management
- Military land sustainability
- Natural resource management