Dr. Masser and Dr. Pierson,
Today my office announced a special recognition honor for IT staff within Texas A&M AgriLife and the College of Agriculture and Life Science departments. This recognition is for the performance of IT Excellence.
As you may know IT resources throughout the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and the AgriLife agencies have worked diligently over the past 2 years to implement a state-wide Enterprise IT architecture and service model. This effort came at times at the expense of their personal time and sometimes many months of prolonged work effort above and beyond normal levels.
I awarded this recognition today during our monthly Information Security meeting to Mr. Chris Court who serves as the IT manager for both of your units.
Myself and others within the AgriLife IT team felt that Chris exemplified all the best traits and practices of a an IT professional at Texas A&M. Key factors that impressed us with Chris to grant this recognition included:
- Chris manages two full size departments within the college. This exists nowhere else in the College. This would normally be seen as a detriment or “excuse” by others, yet Chris never mentions the fact he supports two departments or uses this as a reason for why something can not be accomplished.
- Chris was one of the most aggressive and expert adopters of the recent Enterprise IT implementation within both departments he serves. His efficient “get it done” approach was a blessing to my staff that was tasked with a state-wide effort. Chris’s ability to migrate both units almost single handed was a great benefit to our team allowing us to focus in other areas.
- Presents a keen awareness of IT policies and best practices and concepts exhibited through a high level of compliance standards. Today one of the system auditors noted their reading of the Chris’s efforts in the unit audit preparation reports we provided your units in Q4 last year. I believe Chris received recognition by the system IT auditors that attended our meeting today.
- Is a team player. My office and team are very appreciative of Chris’s approach to solving problems and getting the job done along with providing great care to employees he supports.
- Effectively communicates with my office and staff on new ideas and concepts. This may seem trivial but is key to our ability to server your units with Enterprise services as well as continually look for improvements. Chris’s input has always been appreciated and valued.
Thank you for your support as it is evident Chris has a leadership team that provides him with the backing and environment to be successful.
Texas A&M AgriLife Communications & Information Technology